Sunday, November 23, 2014
Recently I found the squk.co.uk website that lists local UK schools and is searchable by types of school and also by town and postcode.

I struck me that this would be a useful site to visit is you are moving home to a new area and I wondered what other sites there were that might be useful if you move.

As someone that builds websites I can immediately think of at least 3 or 4 dedicated directories that could work in the same way and that I've not seen in my browsing of the net in the past.  The problem is, with all of these ideas, getting the raw data in the first place.  It's all very well to have a directory listing churches/ chapels and other places of worship for example but where would you find a list of all of these places?

Maybe a project for the future is to find someone that has the data for the directories that I'm thinking of and then work out how to get postcode data work out distances from the centre of a postcode.

Fun times ahead.


0 comments:

Post a Comment